12 ways to clear your chakras
With all of the environmental and physical factors we are exposed to regularly, it’s important to take good care of your health; and spiritual health is a big part of this. Your chakras are no less susceptible to these factors than are any other parts of your body and your chakras can also be affected by spiritual and emotional events.
This makes chakra cleansing a necessary part of sacred self-care. Regular chakra cleansing keeps us healthy and ensures the proper flow of energy through our bodies.
These are some of the chakra cleansing techniques which have been used for millennia:
- Smudging with certain herbs and other plants, especially white sage can help by clearing away blockages in your chakras caused by negative energies. Burn some white sage or palo santo in a closed room for a few minutes, allowing the smoke to fill the room.
- Auric brushing: Using crystals and gems can clear blockages from our chakras, but this should be done by an experienced professional (since it can trigger the need for some real shadow work if you are not prepared).
- Diet and rest: A nutritionally balanced healthy diet that includes lots of water and fresh vegetable and fruit juices is important. You should also be sure to get enough sleep every night; these steps will keep your chakras in better shape, because our mental, spiritual and physical health are all dependent on each other.
- Regular exercise and proper breathing help to keep your chakras working properly.
- Make time to experience the natural world. Spending time outdoors can do wonders for your chakras. Even if you live in a large city, spend some time with the plants and wildlife in a larger park or even your own backyard.
- Color therapy: Every chakra corresponds to a color. By looking at these colors or even just visualizing them, you can stimulate your chakras into proper function and clear away energy blockages.
- Music: Music is one of the most effective methods of chakra cleansing. Music stimulates and activates your chakras and along with them, your endocrine system.
- Keep your mind sharp: Keep learning new things and give your mind some exercise too! This helps your chakras remain active as well and less prone to being blocked by negative energies.
- Make a little time every day to meditate and reflect on your day. This gives you a healthier perspective and is a very effective method of chakra cleansing.
- Love yourself: Before you can give or accept love, you need to love yourself. Love is a powerful emotion that has a positive effect on your chakras.
- Be in touch with your emotions: When you can’t accept or process your emotions you’ll be incapable of effectively expressing how you feel to other people, and repressing your emotions will lead to a negative energy buildup. That negative energy will keep your chakras from flowing and create energy blocks that will manifest on a physical level. (for example, I suppressed speaking my truth in an abusive marriage for years and ended up with thyroid cancer in part because my throat chakra was completely blocked)
- Be creative: Bring your creativity into play in your day-to-day life. This makes your life a more enjoyable one and keeps your energy flow healthy.
- Past lives: You need to be open to your past lives, especially to the opportunity to learn about yourself through them. The self-awareness and sense of purpose this can give you will make all of your other chakra cleansing techniques more effective.
- Live as you wish others would live and be the change you want to see in the world: be honest, respectful, and trustworthy.
- Prayer: Prayer can calm your mind and make you more aware of your spiritual side, including your chakras. Like meditation, prayer is a powerful means of chakra cleansing.
All of these are effective methods of chakra cleansing and should be practiced in your daily life. Clearing out energy blockage and invigorating your chakras may not happen instantly, but with regular practice of these techniques, you’ll be able to maintain proper energy flow and live a happier, healthier life.
Want more Inspiration?
Sign up to receive the newsletter filled with seasonal insights and self-care motivation delivered straight to your inbox. You will also receive free monthly downloads to help you on your magical journey.
I value how important your time is and understand how you don't want inbox overload. There is nothing worse than signing up for a newsletter then getting flooded with sales pitches! Rest assured when you see Wayward Inspiration pop up in your inbox, it's because I'm sharing something I believe you will find truly valuable.
Our community is about making connections and offering support along the way. Welcome!
Also published on Medium.