The Moon transits through Pisces when the lunar sky path crosses the twelfth sector of the Zodiac, which is located in the constellation of Pisces, between <330° – 360°. Moon in Pisces is a time shrouded in mystery and obscurity. Emotions prevail over logic and you may be feeling all the feels!
This is a time of great sensitivity and heightened intuition. You may experience insecurity or be unsure of your deep emotions, as Pisces is all about the deeper connection and how we are making a difference in the grand scheme of things.
Moon journaling each month during the new and full moon help connect you with these lunar energies. Use these Pisces moon phase journal prompts to help you engage in creative or spiritual searching and benefit from the imagination of Pisces.
New Moon in Pisces
The New Moon in Pisces only occurs when the sun sign is also in Pisces, during the end of February and the beginning of March. This is the transitional period leading up to the Vernal Equinox. Time to go deep before springing forward to put dreams in motion next month.
Pisces is ruled by Neptune, the planet of dreams, imagination and all things spiritual. There is also a degree of creativity, psychic receptivity, illusion and confusion. Sensitive doesn’t always means emotional. You may simply be picking up on what isn’t being said and that can lead to some confusion. Be sure to stay grounded with self-care routines and extra time on your own to simply recharge.
The watery sign of Pisces is all about finding your connection with the universe and how you can be of service to others. This life is more than just the pursuit of career or money. Tap into your soul and claim your purpose. This Pisces New Moon is the perfect time to reflect, relax and replenish before the Sun and Moon begin their new cycles in Aries.
This month we are going deeper. Journal prompts for this moon phase include:
- What is the biggest frustration in my life right now? (relationships, career, health, etc?)
- What is the root of this issue? (old patterns, bad habits, lack of self-love?)
- Is there anything I can gain by staying in this pattern or am I just using it as an excuse to avoid the hard work of evolving?
- Who will I become if I stop struggling with this problem? (how will it look, feel, sound?)
- Imagine letting go of this frustration…who are the people still supporting me in my life and what do my days look like?
- What is the one actionable step I can focus on this lunar cycle to get me closer to reaching my highest potential?
Full Moon in Pisces
Full Moon in Pisces occurs when the Sun moves into Virgo, the zodiac sector opposite to Pisces. This takes place sometime at the end of September and the beginning of October. The perfection-driven energy of Virgo conflicts with the intensely emotional energy of Pisces, so gentleness, self-care, and tenderness to ourselves are a must.
Pisces Full Moon is known as the Harvest Moon and it is the last full moon before the Autumn Equinox. It is a powerful time to cleanse, release, and perform ritual work. We are transitioning between seasons, so it is time to let go of the old and make way for the new.
This full moon evokes spiritual or otherworldly energy and the penchant to daydream, fantasize, become aloof or experience heightened sensitivity creates a transformative (albeit emotional or confusing) lunar event. Be sure to practice good self-care!
Pisces is the 12th and last sign of the zodiac. It contains all of the wisdom of the other 11 signs and the complexity to go with it. A Full Moon in Pisces brings unavoidable changes, endings, and new beginnings.
Use the following journal prompts for this full moon phase:
- What are the ways I have changed since the start of this year?
- Do I honor my spirituality and engage in what matters to me?
- What would be beneficial for me to work on releasing?
- How are my emotions affecting my health and what can I do to remedy this?
Pisces Moon Magic
Pisces is a Mutable Water sign that supports sensitivity and intuitive awareness. Focus your intentions on the creative arts, music, dreamwork, and intuition.
This is a good time to seek solitude and practice self-care. There is a deep melancholy entwined with Pisces, so avoiding crowded social situations and pursuing creativity such as music, painting, poetry or simply reading a good book will help ease you through sadness.
Healing rituals for areas of the feet or lymph glands are also done at this time.
Wellness Mantras are
- I trust my intuition.
- I speak my truth and feel at peace.
- I surrender to the unknown and know my heart will guide me.
- I am at one with the Universe
Want more Inspiration?
Sign up to receive the weekly newsletter filled with seasonal insights and self-care motivation delivered straight to your inbox each Friday. You will also receive free monthly downloads to help you on your magical journey.