Protection magic is some of the oldest and most practiced spellwork, regardless of religious traditions. Dating back to ancient Greeks, Romans, and
When you need to add some protection magic into your life to repel negative influences and energy, these are the correspondences that will help. Most items can be found around the home. There are many ways to incorporate them into your daily practice:
- Burn a candle carved with a protective symbol or anointed with oils while saying the words to banish negativity.
- Create a roller-ball blend of essential oils and wear it on your pulse points while envisioning a protective circle around you.
- Fill a jar with iron nails and bury it along the border of your property line.
- Plant herbs with protective properties around your home.
- Colors: Black, Blue, White
- Crystals & Stones: Amber, Coral, Jet, Quartz
- Herbs & Oils: Angelica, Anise Seed, Basil, Bay Leaves, Black Pepper, Cedarwood, Clove, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemongrass, Myrrh, Neroli, Tangerine
- Symbols: Iron Nails, Fences, Gates or Walls, Arrows, Rope or Chain, Dragons, Sweet Gum Balls
- Timing: Saturday, Waning Moon time
Just like everything else where magic is concerned, your personal preference is going to hold the most meaning and power. Depending upon the culture you grew up in, some of the associations on this list may not have the same correspondence for you. Use it as a guide only, take what works for you and leave the rest.
Want more Inspiration?
Sign up to receive the weekly newsletter filled with seasonal insights and self-care motivation delivered straight to your inbox each Friday. You will also receive free monthly downloads to help you on your magical journey.