The Supernatural fandom is one of a kind in the realm of pop culture fan communities. More like a family than a fandom, the cast and crew of the show are intimately involved with their fanbase, with Supernatural Conventions occurring around the globe practically every other weekend. After 12 continuous seasons on air, the #SPNFamily remains one of the most loyal and active fan bases on television. Here is a run-down of the charity campaigns that the actors have worked on (both present and past events):
ONGOING CHARITY PROJECTS
- Random Acts was launched by Misha in 2010 with the mission to “conquer the world one random act of kindness at a time. We are here to inspire acts of kindness around the world both big and small. We provide a vast network of caring people with the encouragement and support they need to change lives for the better”.
- G.I.S.H.W.H.E.S or “The Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen” is a week long, global event, dedicated to hilarity and philanthropy.
- The SPNFamily Crisis Support Network was established by Jensen and Misha in partnership with Random Acts, To Write Love On Her Arms, IMAlive, and Pop Culture Hero Coalition. This is an online support network designed to help fans cope with mental health issues such as depression, self-injury, and addiction.
- The Pack Fund was established in November 2015 by Jared and Jensen and it is a donor advised fund that distributes money raised to charitable concerns such as TWLOHA, The Down Syndrome Connection, St. Jude’s, Wounded Warrior Project, Random Acts and other organizations that are important to the SPNFamily.
Supporting charitable causes and rocking a Supernatural t-shirt is as natural as putting together peanut butter and jelly. In partnership with Stands or Represent, this is a quick rundown of past T-Shirt Campaigns:
- Kim Rhodes & Briana Buckmaster’s “Way Strong, Way Fierce, Wayward (AF)”
- “Always Keep Fighting” Limited Edition Apparel Relaunch”
- Mark Sheppard’s Official “I Win” Tee
- Rob Benedict’s “Rock God” Campaign
- Jared, Jensen & Misha’s “LOVE” Holiday Giving Campaign
- Ruth Connell’s “Rowena’s Coven Couture”
- “Always Keep Fighting” Round Seven: Jared & Jensen “Family Has Your Back”
- Osric Chau’s “On the Hunt”
- Mark Sheppard’s “Make Hell Great Again”
- “Always Keep Fighting” Round Six: AKF “I Am Enough” Campaign
- Kim Rhodes & Briana Buckmaster’s “Wayward AF”
- “Always Keep Fighting” Round Five: AKF One Year Anniversary Campaign
- Jensen and Misha’s “You Are Not Alone” T-Shirt
- Kim Rhodes & Briana Buckmaster’s “Wayward Daughters”
- “Always Keep Fighting” Thanksgiving specials
- “Always Keep Fighting” Round Four
- Jim Beaver’s “Family Don’t End With Blood”
- “Always Keep Fighting” Round Three
- Jared and Jensen’s “Always Keep Fighting” Campaign, Round Two
- Jared’s “Always Keep Fighting” T-shirt
- It was during the launch of this campaign that the true spirit of the SPNFamily was shown. A movement started on Twitter and spread through social media, where fans purchased t-shirts for other fans who could not afford them, in particular those fighting mental health issues.t-shirt proceeds were donated to the charities To Write Love On Her Arms, The Wounded Warrior Project, and A.I.R. Attitudes In Reverse – Student Suicide Prevention – Mental Health.
- Jensen’s “SPN Family” T-shirt
- Mark Sheppard’s “Diabetes No” T-shirt
- Osric’s Advanced Placement T-shirt
- Misha’s Random Act T-shirt
- Misha’s Holiday T-shirt
- Help the Trans Support Homeboy Industries!
FAN SPONSORED CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS:
- Castiels Angels was started by superfan Victoria King in March of 2016 in order to “Be an Angel” for others. The team is raising money for Random Acts, Always Keep Fighting, and all of the Supernatural casts charities.
- Winchester Brothers: Since its development in 2005, WinchesterBros (with the support of MediaBlvd) has become one of the foremost sites in Supernatural fandom. They have raised over $100.000 for various charities through the years. WinchesterBros is a non-profit website. WinchesterBros’ podcast is called Winchester Radio.
Want more Inspiration?
Sign up to receive additional insights, motivation, sneak peaks and free downloads delivered straight to your inbox twice a month!