30 Day Self Care Challenge
Welcome to the 30 Day Self Care Challenge! This challenge is designed to help you grow into a regular practice of self-care. Let’s face it, we live in some seriously f*cked up times today. If you’re not angry, you’re not paying attention. But we can’t remain in a constant state of heightened alert. Given the current state of affairs in our world today, performing radical acts of self-love is not selfish, it is absolutely necessary.
Think of it like a plane going down – you have to put on your own oxygen mask first before you can help someone with theirs. If you are not in a regular routine of taking care of yourself then you should commit to the challenge. Committing to something for 30 days is pretty awe-inspiring because:
- You are opening up your mind to a new way of being.
- Habits are formed after 21 days, so you are well on your way to establishing healthy new habits.
- Completing the challenge will give you new found confidence and boost your self-esteem.
By following the daily prompts you will gain a deeper understanding of how you can take better care of yourself. You will be challenged to raise your own awareness about the importance of loving your whole self; mind, body, and spirit, and discover how amazing you truly are. You will be recharged and ready to keep resisting.
We designed these to be simple, free (or almost-free), and easy to fit into your day. Most will be on your own:
But some will require that you reach out to a loved one:
The 30 Day Self Care Challenge can be started anytime and the tribe will be there to celebrate with you! You can share your progress on Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #30DaySelfCare. Or, if you don’t feel comfortable sharing, that’s cool, too. We are still with you in spirit, cheering you on!
Here’s what we will be doing on the journey:
- Develop a personal goal to achieve by the end of this month.
- Commit to drinking at least 2 litres of water daily.
- Write down what you are thankful for in your life.
- Unsubscribe from unwanted email lists.
- Try a new, healthy vegan recipe tonight.
- Watch the sunset and stay fully in the moment.
- Start a journal and commit to writing things down daily.
- Go for a walk alone and explore new territory.
- Watch your favorite funny movie with a friend.
- Go tech-free and unplug for 24 hours.
- Break out into a spontaneous dance party.
- Listen to your favorite band or artist today.
- Check out the local library and find a new book.
- Go for a walk with a friend today.
- Take your food outside for a picnic in nature.
- Watch a new documentary to feed your mind.
- Spend an afternoon at a park or the beach.
- Reconnect with an old friend today.
- Brainstorm your BUCKET LIST!
- Get up and stretch for at least 10 minutes.
- Create a Worry Box.
- Spend 10 minutes just drawing or doodling.
- Enjoy a *no junk food* day.
- Write a love letter to your future self. You can use FutureMe.org to do this!
- Craft a vision board for your biggest dream.
- Work up a sweat today!
- Write and post a positive affirmation in your home.
- Create the first five steps to take in order to accomplish your biggest dream.
- Commit to eating a fruit or veggie with every meal.
- PAY IT FORWARD and spread kindness.
This is a personal journey so remember it’s all about progress, not perfection. My daughter and I have done the challenge together (most of the ideas were hers!) so why not grab a friend to share in the journey?
You can pin the infographic to refer back to or download our printable calendar to join the challenge. You will receive weekly email reminders with more in-depth advice and freebies to help you on your journey!
30 Day Self-Care Challenge
Ready to make a change in your life? Take the 30 Day Self-Care Challenge to start your transformation and receive the support you need.