wayward adj. | ˈwā-wərd : opposite to what is desired or expected
inspiration noun | ˌin(t)-spə-ˈrā-shən, -(ˌ)spi- : the quality or state of being inspired
Welcome to Wayward Inspiration! I’m Christy and my goal with this blog is to offer tools and resources to help you on your journey of everyday magic and sacred self-care. This is your place if you are a curious seeker looking for a little advice and a few “a-ha” moments along the way.
Some facts about me:
- My greatest joy has been raising my two beautiful Pisces to adulthood. Attachment parenting works.
- I am a native Californian and yes, that means I am a nonconformist, liberal, feminist hippy with an annual passport to Disneyland.
- I followed the Grateful Dead as a teen and continue to see Dead and Company today. Their music is a sacred celebration for Deadheads like me.
- I am an ENTP-T and Gemini, always learning new things.
- I like to start new things – like the time I helped launch a homeschool learning co-op for students K-12, or when I needed a roller derby league closer to home and helped co-found South Coast Roller Derby so we could skate without drama!
- My primary archetypes are the Creator // Alchemist. Curious about your own? Find out here: Archetype Quiz
- I discovered witchcraft in 1985 (when staying in the broom closet meant staying alive), was initiated into my first coven in 1989, joined a Gardnerian coven in 2000 (initiated as a second degree High Priestess), and have been practicing solitary since 2007.
My life has been unconventional, intense and deeply magical. Even in the darkest moments I can always find the light and have a laugh. If you don’t have a sense of humor about your spirituality this probably isn’t the place for you. I’ve entered into the Harvest Queen phase of my life, having incorporated all the wisdom of the Maiden and Motherhood years. There is no time for bullshit or inauthentic behavior in my world.
My guiding truths are:
- Be kind to others.
- Be true to yourself.
- Don’t worry what others think.
- Take time to appreciate nature.
- Enjoy the journey.
- Embrace the unexpected.
- Always be grateful for what you have.
- Keep your priorities clear.
- Know that LIFE IS GOOD.
- Trust that a witch is always exactly where they need to be.
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
― Marianne Williamson, A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of “A Course in Miracles”
If all of this resonates with you, let’s get connected. You can sign up for the Inspired Newsletter below, and start enjoying additional insights, motivation, sneak peeks and free downloads delivered straight to your inbox twice a month! Be sure to join us at The Wayward Inspiration Facebook Group for more collaboration and support!
Want more Inspiration?
Sign up to receive the monthly newsletter filled with seasonal insights, self-care motivation, & exclusive subscriber only discounts to the Etsy shop.